Bennett Van Wert Photography
VOLUNTEER SOUGHT TO PROVIDE PROGRAM AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Coordination Assistant Job Description
Purpose: Coordinate and provide administrative and programmatic support to the TRA Executive Director(s) and Board of Directors.
- Manage and distribute information within and outside the organization including the following:
- Take minutes at board meetings, circulate minutes for approval and post on the TRA website within two weeks following the board meeting;
- Post all documents required by the Authorities Budget Office (ABO) on the TRA website, such as meeting schedule, annual reports, audit reports, etc.;
- Maintain TRA electronic and paper files;
- Draft and send correspondence including thank you letters for donations;
- Draft and distribute press releases on the organization’s programs and activities; and
- Gather input, help draft, and post periodic hard copy and electronic newsletters.
- Track and maintain ABO compliance requirements including the ABO Public Authorities Reporting Information System (PARIS), and New York State Grants Gateway.
- Anticipate and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of the reports, meetings, audits, etc. required to run an efficient nonprofit organization.
- Communicate donations to the Development Committee for tracking.
- Maintain the TRA Facebook site with fresh and interesting information.
- Provide substantive support in the coordination and implementation of TRA projects and programs
- Contribute to team effort by undertaking other actions as needed.
- Identify areas of his/her own personal interest that will contribute to TRA’s mission.
This position is a work-from-home volunteer post that will entail 10-15 hours per week. Hours are flexible. Skills and Qualifications: Coordination, Reporting, Administrative, Microsoft Office Software Skills, Professionalism, Verbal and Written Communication.