Since its creation in 2011, TRA has been a leader in a variety of concrete projects to boost the economy and well-being of the Ticonderoga area, with more under development.
- Downtown Gallery - The Gallery provides an attractive location where local artists display and sell paintings, photographs, pottery, jewelry, handicrafts, furniture and other items.
- Workforce Readiness - Following the initial pilot training program, the Ticonderoga Central School system now provides the training program for these skills and this credential for high school seniors.
- The Mural Project - The project has improved the presentation of the town of Ticonderoga by turning large blank walls in the downtown area into large-scale art.
Present and Future Projects
- Zombie and Abandoned Properties Project – Implementation of the derelict buildings project with a $75,000 grant from the NYS Attorney General’s Office is underway in partnership with the Town of Ticonderoga and the Housing Assistance Program of Essex County (HAPEC) to address the problem of vacant and abandoned properties. Ti has over 70 such properties.
- Trekonderoga – Planning for the third Star Trek convention in Ticonderoga is underway. The convention will take place August 25-27. Trekonderoga 2016 was a great success, doubling the attendees and bringing strong attention and economic benefits to the area. Trekonderoga 2015 and 2016 resulted in a estimated economic impact of over $500,000.
- Entrepreneurs Fund - This new fund will provide grants for micro- and small businesses in the Ticonderoga area.
- Paddle Tennis – The Northern Lake George Paddle LLC now provides two year-round lit and fenced courts for paddle tennis, with a special emphasis on youth.
- Projects Under Development - TRA is exploring a variety of further projects, among them a possible brewpub, supporting the creation of a School of Applied Technology, and the creation of innovative financial products for revitalization.